[ NEWS, NOISE, & ANNOUNCEMENTS ]
- We are no longer accepting submissions to the Chapbook Contest! Much love to the heads that have trusted us w. their words <3
- The Chapbook Contest's submission window is now wide open!! You have 7/27 - 7/29 to submit <3
- Bob Sykora joins the Nostrovia! team as a Chapbook Editor!!!!
- Start getting those chapbooks ready ;)
- End of July--the chapbook contest opened! We're doing things a little differently than usual: submissions are open for three days (7/27 - 7/29)
- A big thank you to everyone who submitted!
- All three chapbooks from our 2017 Series have been released as free PDFs--check them out if you didn't get a chance!
- Much love to everyone who attended our annual online reading, and special thanks to Eric Cline, Danielle Perry, Timothy Otte, Rachelle Toarmino, Joseph Parker Okay, and Katie Clark for reading <3
- Come kick it 12/18 w. N! for our annual online reading celebrating this year's mileage <3
- From this year's chapbook series, we've nominated Alain Ginsberg, Katie Clark, & Joseph Parker Okay for 2017's Pushcart Prize !! You can read their nominated poems at N!'s Tavern.
- A gaggle of desert rats came together to coordinate a benefit show & disco-dance party in support of Flowers & Bullets, a Tucson-based organization creating outlets for under-served youth & communities. By sharing skills, promoting place-based connections in the barrio, & listening to others stories, they promote sustainable ways of living to address traumas in our community. More on them here.
- N! team Christopher Morgan, Samantha Kennedy, Jeremiah Walton, & Chris Salas, came thru to Boise, ID, for the Death Rattle Writers Fest. Books & Shovels stepped up out of hibernation, N!'s 2017 Chapbooks debuted physically, & Christopher + Samantha + Jeremiah featured on a mic shared by a cross-country mix of poets, writers, & musicians. Dig more on Death Rattle for next year's details.
- We've nominated poems by Linette Reeman, Lydia Havens, Isobel O'Hare, & Ellyn Lichvar for 2017's Best of the Net series. You can dig their respective poems at N!'s Tavern.
- Starting July 5th, presales have begun for our 2017 Chapbook Series!!
- Lots of progress as our chapbook winners work with Christopher--for some behind-the-scenes info, check our weekly reviews!
- Issue #014 of FALD has been released--check it out!!
- Excited to announce our three 2017 Chapbook Contest Winners: Alain Ginsberg, Katie Clark, and Joseph Parker Okay
- Check our ten finalists for our 2017 Chapbook Contest!
- At long last, our 2017 Chapbook Contest opened for submissions, accepting manuscripts all weekend (April 15th + 16th)--thank you to everyone who submitted, as we had a record amount of MSS hit our inbox (129!)
- N!P is proud to announce the following nominations for Bettering American Poetry 2016: “Remember Us Mixing Cement So Thick" by Jessie Janeshek, “The First” by Teré Fowler-Chapman, and “The American Experience” by Erin Taylor
- Christopher and Jeremiah took part in an Entropy interview, talking about N!'s origins, background numbers, and views on publishing <3 Excited to join Entropy's Small Press database!
- We raised enough money at our Food Bank Benefit for 1228 meals !! Thank you <3 Sending love to the Tucson Flood Rats + our features for throwing this together. Cheers!
- Tucson Flood Rats + N!P are coordinating a Food Bank Benefit Show feat. Lando Chill + the music of Nobody aka Willis Earl Beal + Leo & The Libra + Betty Jones !! We'll also be raffling off some sensual accessories from Jellywink Boutique + gift-cards to Mother Hubbard's Cafe + free drink cards for Shot in the Dark Cafe <3
- Submissions closed for Issue #014 of F.A.L.D. with a record of +80 participants!
- We're grateful for our solid last two issues, & are stoked to re-open Fuck Art, Let's Dance's doors come 2/15/17 !!
- Shout out to the homies that pulled thru to make the No Más Variety Benefit possible !! The turn out was phenomenal, the open mic solid, & our features, hip-hop artist Lando Chill, & poets Yanara Friedland + Wren Awry, all killed it 🔥$502 was raised to benefit migrants & direct-actions related to the borders <3
- In solidarity w/ migrants, we're coordinating a benefit show for No Más Muertes, a humanitarian organization based in Southern Arizona & operating in the borderlands between Mexico & the United States. RSVP on Facebook : 1/15/17, Tucson AZ
- Thank you Beach Sloth for the love w/ 2016's Beachie Awards & giving Nostrovia! "Best Punk Rock Poets" <3 Dig in for Beach Sloth's "Best Anthology" + "Best Representation of the Brutality of Living Alone Through Social Media" + other dope awards to dope creatives :)
- F.A.L.D. Issue #013 is live !! Featuring Words on the Ave founder Tere Fowler-Chapman, NYC's LiveMag! founder Jeff Wright, evil mountain EVIL MTN, & a huge set list of dope poets + artists + creatives <3
- N!'s Pushcart nominations have been sent out! Dig "We Sleep With Computers" by Bob Sykora + "the moon" by Elle Nash + "Need To Know" by Emily O'Neill <3
- Join us for N!'s online poetry rompus !!
- Fuck Art, Let's Dance Issue #013's floodgates have closed !! We're diving into acceptances & rejections now, expect responses in the next couple weeks. Thank you for trusting us w/ your passions <3
- In San Francisco! Kick it w/ N! & The Arts Resistance @ LitCrawl !!
- It's been a hell of a year, & we're down to our last ~40 copies of 2016's Chapbook Series !! HUGE THANKS for all the support we've received <3<3 They're still "pay-what-you-can" + $5 shipping, take a bite while the printer still has ink :)
- Fuck Art, Let's Dance Issue #013 opens to submissions 9/15/16 - 10/31/16 !!
- Our van, Damp, has died. Editor Jeremiah Walton's partner picked up a 2002 Chevy Malibu named Siouxsie Sioux for the remainder of 2016's tour. Preparing to dip outta the desert 8/22/16 !!
- 2016's Chapbooks debuted successfully @ the NYC Poetry Festival + we've made it alive to Denver for This Lil Lit Fest !! Here's the story :)
- We're going to be kicking it at This Lil Lit Fest w/ Witch Craft Magazine + Bottlecap Press + Spy Kids Review !!
- N! founder Jeremiah Walton interviewed by William James (Drunk In A Midnight Choir) for #SixQuestionSaturday !
- Much love to Beach Sloth for reviewing "I Was Talking About Love – You Are Talking About Geography" by Bob Sykora + "Make a Fist & Tongue the Knuckles" by Emily O’Neill + "i can remember the meaning of every tarot card but i can’t remember what i texted you last night" by Elle Nash
- Lot's o' love to Probably Crying for reviewing 2016's NYC Chapbook series!
- Pre-orders for 2016's Chapbook Contest winners are now available!
- Issue #012 of Fuck Art, Let's Dance dropped 5/21/16!
- From Tucson to New Orleans to Brooklyn underground
- Sarah Certa interviewed N! for Issue #106 of N.Y.C.'s Boog City!
- We have an upcoming gig @ "d.a. levy-palooza 3" in Brooklyn featuring poets Sarah Certa / August Smith / Jeremiah Walton / & hip-hop artist Neeko Ford!
- 2016 Chapbook Contest Winners announced!
- 2016 Chapbook Contest Finalists announced + Christopher's under the hood highlights of N! operates!
- Our Chapbook Contest closed the floodgates after 102 submissions surged our inbox! Winners & finalists will be announced within the near future.
- @ The Tavern: F.A.L.D. #012 + 2016 Chapbook Contest teaser
- F.A.L.D. #012's submission window sealed w/ 60+ participants!
- N! has been awarded "Best Chapbook Series" among The Fifth Annual Beachies!
- Welcome photographer / videographer Jocelyn Boen DeForrest to our Bartenders crew!
- Books & Shovels closes out its 2015 tour w/ almost freezing in the mountains
- We're stoked to announce N!'s 2015 Pushcart Nominations!
- Nostrovia! is hosting an online reading celebrating 2015's successes & the great poets that joined us for the journey!
- Free PDF copies of "Moon Facts" by Bob Schofield, "Bird Lizard Horse" by August Smith, & "Juliet II" by Sarah Xerta are now available!
- We've sold out our second print run of the 2015 Chapbook Contest winners!
- "The Arts Resistance, Lit Crawl, & Our Traveling Bookstore"
- We are remodeling our website + conducting plans for 2016 + running the traveling bookstore from NH to LA to AZ to CA for Lit Crawl San Francisco. We're chewing on a lot, and will be opening to submissions soon. Cheers!
- Issue #011 of Fuck Art, Let's Dance is performing West Coast swing w/ poetry from Dalton Day, Beach Sloth, & Logan Ellis!
- Our 2015 NYC Poetry Festival Chapbook Contest winners' (August Smith / Bob Schofield / Sarah Xerta) publications are available for pre-sales!
- Issue #010 of Fuck Art, Let's Dance is live, featuring poetry from Jamie Mortara, Joshua Jennifer Espinoza, & Kyle Harvey!
- Books & Shovels, our traveling bookstore, is on the road again!